Starlay Chan Initiative (SCI) 6-month budget
@SeiyaChida (Starlay Chan Initiative)
The Starlay Chan Initiative (SCI), spearheaded by core contributors @SeiyaChida and @David, is committed to actively engaging in Starlay’s governance and contributing to the protocol’s advancement. As Starlay’s ecosystem grows, the presence of diverse and independent service providers becomes essential to propel the protocol forward.
In order to persist in our endeavors and effectively serve the Starlay community, we are requesting a budget allocation for a six-month period. This budget will underpin our current initiatives and facilitate our team’s expansion and the procurement of necessary resources for an optimal impact.
- Actively participate in Starlay governance discussions and votes
- Develop and submit snapshot votes
- Engage with the community on forum discussions
- Collaborate with stakeholders
- Build better governance mechanism
- Support the expansion of Starlay in LST leverage staking
- Support the expansion of Starlay in “new frontiers” chains in Polkadot ecosystem and other chains.
- Support the onboarding of new stablecoins, strategic assets
- Explore synergies with other DeFi platforms
- Conduct in-depth research on DeFi trends and developments
- Provide insights and recommendations to the Starlay community
- Analyze the performance of Starlay and make Starlay’s future strategy
- Grow the SCI team to support the Starlay ecosystem better
- Cover operational expenses, including tools, subscriptions, gas fees, oracle fees, and so on
- Invite core contributors for Starlay’s growth, risk assessment, analysis
- Regularly schedule and promote a community call, boosting engagement and direct communication with our community.
- Handle Starlay’s official Twitter account, including announcements, partnerships, feature highlights.
- Prioritize responsiveness on our Discord to maintain trust and transparency.
Here are some achievements and contributions made by the Starlay Chan Initiative.
- Forum submitted by SCI
- Starlay community hackathon program
- Comprehensive BUSD offboarding plan on Astar EVM
- Starlay Finance deployment on Acala Network
- Acala Network initial onboarded assets
- Revised Parameters for nASTR Token in Starlay on Astar EVM
- Implement leverage function for liquid staking tokens and their original tokens
- Noto Peninsula (Japan) Earthquake donation fund (令和6年能登半島災害支援募金)
- Add vDOT to Starlay on Astar EVM
- Add vASTR to Starlay on Astar EVM
- Snapshot submitted by SCI
- Proposal to list nAstar on Starlay
- Proposal for the Starlay community hackathon program
- Proposal for Starlay Finance deployment on Acala Network
- Proposal to freeze BUSD on AstarNetwork EVM
- Proposal for revised parameters for nASTR token in Starlay on Astar EVM
- Proposal for Acala Network initial onboarded assets
- Proposal to Implement leverage function for liquid staking tokens and their original tokens
- Proposal to add vDOT to Starlay on Astar EVM
- Proposal for Noto Peninsula (Japan) Earthquake donation fund
- Other achievement related to governance
- Wasm code for Starlay is complete. All that remains is the refinement phase
- List NASTR on Astar EVM
- Launch on Acala Network
- List vDOT on Astar EVM
- Integrate Starlay with Euphrates powered by Acala
- Launch leveraged staking on Acala Network
- Improved leveraged staking, including dashboard and LDOT/DOT historical graph
- Joined in Polkadot twitter space
- Polakadot mega thread campaign
- Joined in a twitter space with Kekkai
- Joined in a twitter space with Acala
We plan to focus on improving our LST leveraged staking and improve user experience through the development of crosschain lending. Here is the rough roadmap conceived by SCI attached. Please check it out!
We are requesting a total monthly budget of $23,000, accumulating to $138,000 over six months (Feb - July 2024). This budget is allocated as follows:
- $5,000 for the bizdev lead
- $5,000 for one dev lead
- $9000 for two developers
- $3,000 for one to two additional bizdev roles
- $1,000 for miscellaneous reimbursements including API costs, oracle fees, deployment tests on other chains, token launch gas fees, and other incidental expenses.
- Solicit and consolidate community feedback from this discussion
- Progress to the proposal (signaling) phase
- Conduct a Snapshot polling vote